Just 12 days ago, we published an article in which I said that the North Dakota Legislature better get their crap together on the gun issue. In it, I not only linked to the Biden/Harris gun control agenda, but three very important pro-gun bills currently working their way through our state legislature. All three have been defeated in previous sessions.
In addition, I also discussed HR 127 — known as the “Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act” — that was introduced to the 117th U.S. Congress on January 4th. It’s every gun grabber’s dream and a nightmare for gun rights advocates.
The purpose of the aforementioned article was as simple as its headline— To show that the North Dakota Legislature — as a whole — needs to get their crap together when it comes to gun rights and nullification of federal overreach on the issue.
Well, the Biden administration once again illustrated the urgency of this over the weekend. Yesterday — which was the three year anniversary of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida — the White House released a statement that included this:
“Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.”
So, what will lawmakers in Bismarck do? Will they just roll over and do nothing to defend the fundamental right to “keep and bear arms”? And do it by defeating bills that would prohibit the state from enforcing federal gun regulations (HB 1383) and to create a Sanctuary State for Guns (HB 1272)? If so, then they’re part of the problem and voters should remember that.
If you value your gun rights, I urge you to contact your legislators now and demand they support efforts to nullify federal intrusion. Time is of the essence.
(Note: House Bill 1272 is on the calendar and could be voted on as early as today. Watch the calendar here. Floor session starts soon at 1pm and can be viewed at the top of the link to the calendar.)
PLEASE LIKE & SHARE!
- ND Legislature Better Get Their Crap Together on the Gun Issue – The Minuteman Blog
- Statement by the President Three Years After the Parkland Shooting | The White House
- Joe Biden’s Plan to End Gun Violence | Joe Biden for President
- Text – H.R.127 – 117th Congress (2021-2022): Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
- Becker Takes 3rd Shot at Limiting Enforcement of Fed’s Gun Laws – The Minuteman Blog
- Bill to Make ND Sanctuary State for Guns Gets Do Pass in Committee – The Minuteman Blog
- View Floor Calendar: LegSS: Legislative Branch
- Find My Legislator Lookup: Legislative Assembly: State of North Dakota