“If America is destroyed, it may be by Americans who salute the flag, sing the national anthem, march in patriotic parades, cheer Fourth of July speakers – normally good Americans, but Americans who fail to comprehend what is required to keep our country strong and free, Americans who have been lulled away into a false security.”
–Ezra Taft Benson (Former Secretary of Agriculture)
The North Dakota Republican Party has a problem, and it’s not Democrats. The problem lies within the party. We know them as “RINO’s”. Yes, “Republican In Name Only”. And, unfortunately, there’s a lot of them.
While there will often be variations within every party, RINO’s take it beyond slight variations from the party’s platform. Their actions are, at times, even difficult to differentiate from those who are supposed to be the opposition party.
RINO’s often leave us wondering why they even bother associating themselves with the Republican Party. And while many won’t come out and say it, I will… I wish they wouldn’t. Yes, I say just come out of the closet and be done with it. The Democrats would probably welcome you. They’re kind of desperate right now anyhow.
I’m sure all of you remember the famous comedian Jeff Foxworthy and his “You might be a redneck if…” routine. If you haven’t, I recommend it. It’s quite entertaining. You’ll have a good laugh. And, if you’re like me, you may even relate to some of it.
In lieu of Foxworthy’s act, I’ve decided to put together a list called, “You Might NOT be a Republican if…” I will warn you though, it’s not really entertaining or funny. In fact, it should make any constitutional-loving Republican a tad bit irritable.
So, without further adieu… You Might
NOT be a Republican if…
1. You think more than doubling the state budget in less than ten years is acceptable.
2. You’ve constantly justified doubling the budget by saying, “It was just one-time spending.”
3. You think tuition waivers for North Dakota college and university students is acceptable.
4. You think subsidizing out-of-state students is a good investment.
5. You think voting to keep the Common Core State Standards was good education policy.
6. You think the Common Core State Standards are written “by North Dakotan’s, for North Dakotan’s”.
7. You think the state has ultimate say over a child’s education and not the parent(s).
8. You think the Department of Education and federal education dollars are a necessity.
9. You think some gun control is okay and you oppose Constitutional Carry.
10. You think public employees should be reimbursed with taxpayer dollars for testifying in committee hearings.
11. You think raw milk is dangerous and therefore should not be sold for human consumption.
12. You think taxing senior citizens in nursing homes is a good idea.
13. You think it’s okay for law enforcement to pull over vehicles at checkpoints without cause.
14. You think it’s okay for law enforcement to seize the belongings of those who are not convicted of a crime.
15. You listen to special interest groups more than the people.
16. You think the government has a role in supplying healthcare for it’s citizens.
17. You think “protecting” dentists in the state by not allowing “dental therapy” is good policy.
18. You think abortion is acceptable.
19. You often use the terms “federal” and/or “federal funding” in fear of standing up for state’s rights.
20. You haven’t made the connection between an oath of office and constitutional government.
And there you have it. I’m certain the list could be MUCH longer. Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments on the Facebook page.